Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

NaBloPoMo and other silly words


November kicks off many marathon events that are both fun and silly. There is Movember and it's brother Novembeard. There is the less popular No-shave-vember. And every writer's favorite NaNoWriMo.

I am not a writer. I have never pretended to be. I enjoy blogging, but when it comes to making things up, I absolutely fail. I can have an idea for a premise but when it comes down to the whole package, you know, plot, character, setting, etc., I totally lose it.  I got about 600 words in to some depressing drivel and remembered that.

That said, I am participating in NaBloPoMo or as my friends and I have decided to call it BloMo. It's a challenge in a similar vein to write a blog post every day for a solid month. Maybe it will be fun or interesting, but the idea is to get into a daily writing routine which has to beat my daily routine of watching America's Next Top Model and eating ice cream.



They've offered prompts to get people writing and today's is "If you could live anywhere, where would it be?" That's a toughy. I've lived a few places and have always found something to be dissatisfied with. Chicago was so dirty and expensive. Dallas was way too hot and really boring. Ireland... was really drunk? At least I was so I can't really say. I would like to live near the water, but it can't be so secluded that I don't have good internet access. If that's handled, I think I could live pretty much anywhere. Mostly I just want to live with friends nearby. A few of my friends and I have floated the idea of creating an artists' commune of sorts. Build a farm, hook it up with DSL or whatever, and all live there in self sustaining harmony. Talk about a fantasy. That would be the best though. IT'S NOT A CULT. Maybe only a little polygamy. I kid.



No comments:

Post a Comment